The following is a chronological list of DCSGP Party members and their testimony before the City Council and other City leadership.
- Public Hearing on proposed Metro fare increases and cuts in service, Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority
April 1, 2010 -- David Schwartzman
The DC Statehood Green Party strongly opposes any increase in Metro fares, as well as any cuts in service provided to commuters.
- “Public Land Surplus Standards Amendment Act of 2009”, Bill 18-0076.
May 29, 2009 -- David Schwartzman
We reiterate our strong commitment to neighborhood public schools, housing for the homeless, and public libraries. We say there should be no more sell offs of these vital facilities to big developers who convert them to condos and luxury apartments.
- A Fair Tax and Revenue Plan for the District. Note this plan assumed the Bush Tax cuts were cancelled. They were not. A new plan has the same basic features with the Bush Tax cuts extended. Significantly more revenue is generated with a steadily progressive structure. This updated plan will be posted shortly.
March 24, 2011 -- David Schwartzman
- Committee on Human Services testimony
April 19, 2010 -- David Schwartzman
There is an alternative to more hurtful budget cuts and the inadequate income support for many of our residents: Progressive tax reform and curb corporate welfare
- Testimony against proposed Pepco rate hike
November 20, 2009 -- David Schwartzman
Pepco’s request for a 14% increase in electricity rates should be rejected.
- Public Roundtable on PR18-579: People’s Counsel Vicky Beasley Confirmation Resolution of 2009
November 20, 2009 -- David Schwartzman
Vicky Beasley should not be confirmed as the People's Counsel of the OPC
- Public Hearing, Bill 18-177, the 51st State Commission Establishment Act of 2009
July 8, 2009 -- D Schwartzman
This Commission should receive the proposed budget of $500,000
- THE ECONOMIC AND FINANCIAL IMPACT OF DC STATEHOOD
July 13, 2009 -- David Schwartzman
- The Executive's Public Safety Initiatives and their Impact on Civil Liberties
June 16, 2008 -- David Schwartzman
Police abuse of civil liberties and rights must end!
- Peter Nickles is unfit to become DC’s Attorney General
October 17, 2008 -- David Schwartzman
Peter Nickles is unfit to become DC’s Attorney General
- "Auditor's Review of Compliance with the Living Wage Act and First Source Act Requirements Pursuant to the Compliance Unit Establishment Act of 2008"
July 8, 2010 -- David Schwartzman
Stronger measures are needed to get big developers to comply with First Source hiring (51% DC residents) and Living Wage requirements
- Testimony on The Executive's Fiscal Year 2011 Budget Gap-Closing Plan
November 30, 2010 -- David Schwartzman
Fenty's proposed budget for FY 2011 should be rejected. Instead, a just budget with increased funding for low income residents and tax relief for the majority is imperative
- Testimony to Committee of the Whole, May 9, 2011, Public Hearing on the Fiscal Year 2012, Budget Support Act of 2011
May 9, 2011 -- David Schwartzman
Don't balance the budget on the backs of DC's working people & unemployed once again! There is an Alternative: A Just DC Budget and Tax Plan
- Access to Selective Service Registration Amendment Act of 2011
December 19, 2011 -- David Schwartzman
Requiring registration for Selective Service as a condition for obtaining a DC driver's license is anti-democratic and discriminatory. Bill 19-330 should be rejected.
- Public Hearing, Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority
March 6, 2012 -- David Schwartzman
The DC Statehood Green Party strongly opposes any increase in Metro fares, as well as a hike in local jurisdiction contributions, which would likely translate into budget cuts affecting other vital programs.
- Testimony to Committee of the Whole
April 30, 2012 -- David Schwartzman
Mayor Gray's proposed cuts in low income programs must be opposed, more funding is overdue for these programs, the incomes of the top 5% of DC residents is booming, tax the rich!
- PUBLIC HEARING On Bill 19-993, Local Budget Autonomy Act of 2012
November 9, 2012 -- David Schwartzman
Bill 19-993 for a Local Budget Autonomy Act of 2012 once again misdirects our energy and time into a partial and temporary solution.
Only DC Statehood gives us permanent budget autonomy.
DCSGP EMAIL NEWS WIRE
"We do not have to accept or tolerate such
glaring disparities in our society. We do not have to accept or tolerate bloated
Pentagon spending, unfair tax cuts, attacks on our civil liberties, and on workers'
rights to unionize. We don't have to accept or tolerate our children dropping
out of high school, college education unreachable because tuition is so high,
or our country steeped in debt."
- Cynthia McKinney, Green Party Presidential